You can use the GPL-licensed program upsd (Uninterruptible Power Supply Daemon) to enable the following features:
- Shut down the system on power outage or when the power bank becomes empty
- Execute custom scripts on specific power supply events
- Monitor the status of the power supply, including the current charge level of the power bank
- Log all relevant power supply events to the system log
To install upsd, simply run the two following commands in the terminal of your Raspberry Pi:
sudo dpkg -i upsd_1.2-1.deb
Done! To uninstall the program again, simply run the command sudo dpkg -r upsd.
- Check whether the program is correctly installed by using the command upsd -i to display the current status of the power supply.
- You can read the complete documentation of the program with the commands man upsd and man upsd.conf.
- You should do an initial configuration of the program. See the documentation for further details.
The following downloads are available for upsd:
upsd_1.2-1.deb (binary Debian package for the Raspberry Pi)
upsd-1.2.tar.gz (source tarball)
Further questions and answers
See the FAQ and the program documentation.